Clay Center, KS
For more than 100 years, our experienced memorialists have been helping pay tribute to loved ones lost. Our history began in 1911, when Ed Cody established Cody Memorials. His son, Aubrey, joined the business in 1945 and earned distinction as a founding member of the National Association of Commemorative Art. His superior workmanship has stood the test of time in cemeteries around north central Kansas.
Our History as Rundle Monument Company
In 1965, Mr. & Mrs. Homer Rundle purchased the business, changing the name to Rundle Monument Company. In 1977, the business — then operated by Homer’s son Harlan and his wife Martha — purchased Clay Center’s Schaubel Monument Company and the two companies were incorporated. In 1980, the business expanded to produce memorials for other companies and funeral homes under the name Rockport Industries.
Name Changes to Mastercarved Memorials, Inc.
Mr. Alan Johnson, joined the firm in 1982 and purchased the business in 1986. The business has been known as Mastercarved Memorials, Inc., since 1987. In 1995, Janet Clark, a key employee, bought into the business and she and Johnson earned the designation of Certified Memorialist by the Monument Builders of North America Association. This is the highest level of professional recognition bestowed by this national organization. Joshua and Krystal Trimble purchased the firm in 2011. Clark and Johnson remain with the firm.
Our Recognitions and Memberships
Mastercarved Memorials and its employees have received both regional and national recognition for their outstanding service to their customers, their community and their industry since 1987. Employees annually take part in continuing education seminars/workshops to stay current in this constantly changing industry and to share their expertise with other monument builders.
Mastercarved Memorials is an active member of the Monument Builders of Mid-America and the Monument Builders of North America associations.Contact Us